With regards to my July challenges:
- Sun salutations – health YES
- A glass of water morning and evening at least – health YES
- Run only ONCE a week – health HMM
- Meditation – spirituality YES
- French – 15 minutes of brain gym YES
- Some learning – Blinkist or Medium or a podcast or video YES
- Visualize my future YES
- Write a minimum of 1 page of free-flow creative writing YES
- Take photos of my beautiful local haunts YES
- Some quiet fun activity with the girls YES
- Spend 2 hours every day on my digital business! YES
- I will be more active in the online community of which I am part. YES
- I will be learning about social media and upping my game. YES
- I will be listening to 2 webinars a week – minimum. YES
So… my daily rhythm is now mostly flowing steadily. I am:
- drinking water
- doing my stretching
- visualising my future
- learning French
- learning something – reading or listening
- working on my business for 2 hours
- exercising – a run or a cycle or a dog walk or a swim
On the day of writing this, I am on Day 100 of uninterrupted French and am enjoying learning a little more every day.
This month – AUGUST
I will still be focused on the creation of a simple and beautiful life, based on the basic principles of Minimalism. I will still be working on the 4 areas of life: health, wealth, self, and social.
But I feel I want to set myself a few new challenges, to avoid feeling stale, so have added a few additional considerations or tasks, in bold below:
- Sun salutations & core exercises & water & exercise
- Drop back down to only one coffee per day
- Run 2 x a week
- Meditation & writing & visualisation & French & learning something new every day
- Get behind my old Nikon SLR and use it
- Get in front of my phone & video myself sharing something
- Spend 2 hours minimum a day on my digital business
- Consider what is The Most Important Thing as I start work each morning, and afternoon – Leo Babauta
- Read 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Restrict my Netflix watching to weekends
- Restrict my choice to foreign films
I am loving working on my online business. And today I had an epiphany: Life gets exciting out of the comfort zone. So in August, I intend to try to get more comfortable spending some more time there.
I am attending quite a few of the very valuable webinars and information sharing sessions that are hosted.
Some are about digital skills. Some are about personal growth. But I always find some value in them.
I am constantly learning about myself and my particular challenges in starting my own business.
I am feeling alive and interested in all of it.
I am loving the learning and valuing the community of which I am a part.
And the best part is that I am realising that I really am not alone. We all have our own mix of struggles and skills and knowledge gaps and strengths.
And often where I am struggling, someone who has been through it before me, steps in to offer advice and support.
I am posting on Instagram about things I believe in – simplicity and living according to priorities, and digital business.
I write blog posts about simplifying life and about running a business online, on your own terms, and according to your own values.
I am so glad that I joined the super active and highly supportive community.