When Covid-19 shut down the world, we lost a business, at least temporarily.
Which gave me 3 things:
- Time – to consider my options, and how to create our future.
- Inspiration – I had nothing to lose by learning new skills and using my extra time.
- Desperation – I had everything to gain by creating new and multiple income streams.
- I am a woman, a partner and a mother.
- I believe very much in spending time with my children and being a part of their young lives.
- I also believe in being a positive role model for them, and being a provider.
- And I believe in opportunities in the global digital economy and that it is possible to make a living working online, from anywhere that has internet.
- Perhaps you are a parent wanting to spend time with your children.
- Maybe you have ideas or talents or beliefs that you think others would benefit from seeing or hearing.
- Are you are wanting to create a side hustle and earn a bit of income for special extras?
- Or perhaps you need to create or replace a lost income.
The problem was that I needed to create an income but I didn’t know where to start. I am not an artist with something to sell. I am not a trained professional with a service to sell. I have lived, I have worked, and I have some beliefs that I hold valuable.
I didn’t know what to do with who I was and what I have to offer. And on top of this, the more I learned about myself, the more I realised that I am a champion at holding myself back.
I felt a bit lost.
And then in March 2020 I came across this wonderful global community of people who all run their own businesses online. Although the variety of businesses that people run in the community is huge, there is a strong sense of unity. It is a safe space.
And I have found it extremely helpful to be part of a truly warm and supportive values-based community. Everyone there is somewhere along the same journey as I. We are all learning digital skills and sharing digital expertise.
Being part of a group of motivated individuals who are on similar life paths has been, in my experience, life-changing. When I am struggling with something technical, I only have to ask and someone will offer an answer. When I am struggling with something personal, usually self-belief-related, I only have to share it and supportive messages flood back in.
It is comforting to know that we are not alone on the journey – even if I sit all alone in a small office in a corner of my home way down in Africa, working in any spare moments I can find.
So I am creating my own heartfelt business in the digital world. I am creating my own brand; sharing the elements of our Simple Beautiful Life, that is bringing me joy every day.
I will be sharing what I am learning with the world, so that anyone who is interested can join me on their own journey of learning digital skills, self discovery, personal growth, and more freedom.
You can watch some free training right here to get a taste of what I spend my available time doing.
Have a look at this new offer too. It is a way for you to jump right in and start creating your own digital life.
From the website, this is “absolutely everything you would ever need to start and grow your new online business from scratch. This is total access to all of the tools, training, courses, and support you’ll ever need—plus daily interactive online live events with our leadership team and community —to help you shift your life, and reach your true potential.”
Some days I feel very overwhelmed.
- It seems the more I learn, the more I realise I need to learn.
- Some days the demands of my children mean that I get very little done.
- Other days I get stuck on a technical issue and have to learn how to fix it, with help.
- Some days plans change and my work time is eaten up.
- Some days I doubt myself.
- Some days I doubt the whole process of creating my own business online.
And some days I take a rest day, because I am human and balance is vital, and I need to pause.
But I have made a decision not to give up.
- I will have good days and bad days.
- But I will return to the work I am doing.
- I will return to the business I am creating.
- I will keep learning.
- I will keep sharing what I learn in the hope that it inspires someone.
- I will keep taking small daily actions.
- And I will check in regularly with the community.
I am feeling more alive than I have in a while. I have a small corner of the world where I get to be me, and to share messages about hope and life choices. I get to share this with anyone who is interested in a way of living in which I truly believe. It is possible to create a simple life and a beautiful meaningful one.
I have talked to others and celebrated the successes of those further ahead on the digital business journey. I see that making the move to an online business is very possible. And I am looking forward to the day when I can encourage others with my own success to take the chance and act. I am looking forward to seeing others become independent but supported business owners.
Because I believe it is all worth it.
So if you have
- Some time
- Inspiration – and a desire to create your own business, learn new skills and join a supportive community.
- Desperation – which is a great motivator –
Have a look at these free webinars.
And decide for yourself if you would like to live a life of your choosing and creation.
I did. And every day I am so pleased that I made that decision.