It is September which means Spring and fresh starts and warmer weather and new energy.
This month I would like to set the intention to do less, but better.
I would like to simplify the details to focus on the essentials of life.
As previously, I have divided my monthly challenges into 4 life quadrants – Health, Self, Wealth, and Social.
With regards to how I did with my August challenges:
- Sun salutations and glass of water morning and evening – YES
- Run TWICE a week – ALWAYS ONCE, SOMETIMES TWICE
- Meditation – spirituality YES
- French – 15 minutes of brain gym YES
- Learning – Blinkist or Medium or a podcast or video YES
- Visualize my future YES
- Write a minimum of 1 page of free-flow creative writing YES
- Get behind my old Nikon SLR and use it NO, NOT ONCE
- Get in front of my phone & video myself sharing something YES, EVERY SINGLE DAY
- Spend 2 hours every day on my digital business! YES
- Consider what is The Most Important Thing as I start work each morning, and afternoon YES, MOSTLY, ONGOING HABIT CHANGE
- Read 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – NO, BUT READ A FEW OTHER BOOKS
- Restrict my Netflix watching to weekends YES
- Restrict my choice to foreign films YES
So… my daily rhythm is now mostly flowing steadily. I am:
- drinking water
- doing my stretching to strengthen my core to support my back
- flossing (my teeth, not the dance!)
- writing (journaling)
- visualising my future
- learning French
- learning something – reading or listening
- working on my business for 2 hours
- exercising – a run or a cycle or a dog walk or a swim
This month – SEPTEMBER
I will still be focused on the creation of a simple and beautiful life, based on the basic principles of Minimalism.
I will still be working on the 4 areas of life: health, wealth, self, and social.
But as I mentioned above Spring is time for fresh starts.
It is the season for longer, lighter days. And shorter more-simplified lists!
I want to organise and automate more work, so I set myself up to do less but achieve more. I want to work more productively when I work, so I can be really present with my family and friends when I am with them.
As such here are my challenges for the month of September:
- Sun salutations & core exercises & water & daily exercise
- Run 2 x a week
- Meditation & writing & visualisation & French & learning something new every day
- Spring clean and play the Minimalists’ 30 DAY MINIMALISM GAME to declutter further
- Spend minimum 2 hours minimum a day on my digital business
- Take more action, not just learning
- Do ONE THING AT A TIME (which includes closing extra tabs and turning ALL phone notifications off)
- Restrict my Netflix watching to weekends and only life-enriching viewing!
- Make contact with friends for outdoor meetups
If you enjoy pictures and quotes and think you might like to see snippets of my experience as I learn and share – please hop on over to my Simple Beautiful Life Instagram page. It’s about the things I believe in – simplicity and living according to priorities and some motivation and business posts.
If you enjoy reading – please pop over to my Simple Beautiful Life blog where I write about simplifying life and challenging myself to get better at living a good life, and about running a business online, on my own terms, and according to my own values.
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and get some current skills, you can take advantage of the free training offered by the same team of people who are teaching me how to run a business online. Have a look at this video to learn more about what changed my life. I really am so glad I decided to join the tribe!